- Celebrated yet another birthday at Blazin' Pianos. It's becoming a tradition that I'm a big fan of and my family and friends always ask about months ahead of time! 2013 was an awesome year filled with almost every single person I loved in the exact same place, which is just the best thing! This year is already in the works!
- Got to see my work displayed in lots of different places, which felt awesome!
- Started a new job teaching preschool that had lots of potential to be awesome, turned out to be really really terrible, and had to leave it before I was even there 3 months!
- Took a spontaneous trip to Des Moines with my parents to get out of town for a few days
- Shot a few different weddings with this guy to build our businesses even further in 2013
- Added this dude to my life. The coolest cat in the world.
- Watched my bro run a full marathon (just like his Dad!)
- Celebrated one of my oldest friends getting engaged to her longtime boyfriend and had so much fun helping plan the wedding all year!
- Took yet another amazing trip with my parents to Estes Park 30 years after they went for their honeymoon.
- Ran all of our traditional road races as a family
- Spent another summer with two of my favorite kiddos in the world
- Spent so many wonderful days with all of my amazing friends
- 3rd annual trip to Chicago with my best girl!
- 26th time to Okoboji with the entire family - which also resulted in the biggest wipeout ever (and my knee is still suffering from it)
- Got a job teaching Kindergarten! Such a great thing to happen in my life that has brought some awesome, amazing, scary, stressful, awful, great days!
- Husker Football game days!
- Hit a deer with my car - again. Which resulted in me buying a brand new car! Eeeek!
- 2nd trip to the I Heart Faces conference with so many amazing ladies who have now become lifelong friends. Learned so much, met some great people, and left with so much more than I started with when I got there (including a brand new lens that I won)! Can't wait till next year!
- After 13 years of this guy being my best friend, we started dating! So excited for all the fun this years holds with him!
- Had so many amazing people come into my life through Bliss and I couldn't ask for better, more fun clients to work with. Thank you, thank you to all of you! Every client, every supporter, every family member, everyone who ever handed out a business card, tagged me in a comment, or says "I know someone who takes pictures!" It's thanks to you guys that I get to do what I love! I can't wait to keep it going in 2014!
New Project 3 from Tristan Schlegel on Vimeo.
"The gap between where you are currently in your career, your art, or your life, and where you want to be, may not become narrow, but the boundaries will be pushed further and further and the growth will become evident. Don't become discouraged, but push on."