Some of the best (and sometimes random) moments of 2012...
- Decided on another 365 (plus one) project. Only with my iphone this year. So a full recap of those will be coming soon :)
- Celebrated such an awesome birthday with so many great people. We had such a fun night at Blazin' Pianos...and I'm already planning this year to be the exact same! My friends and family are the best.
- I found a list in my blog drafts from 2011, that I posted in 2012, and am now posting at the beginning of 2013 that still holds true.
- 11 Random Things about Tristan. Every single thing on there is still 100% the same.
- Took a random, spontaneous, very interesting trip to Kansas City with some girls.
- Moved out of my house and into my own place alone. It was scary and exciting...but I really love it!
- Finished up preschool student teaching with some great kids and even more great friends!
- Celebrated bridal showers, baby showers, and weddings of so many wonderful people! It ended up being a summer full of this!
- Spent all my summer days with these two babes. They're so fun and it's such a great job!
- Had lots of my perfect Saturday mornings
- Was offered an awesome opportunity to take pictures of newborn babies at the hospital. It combines my two favorite things...photography and babies! It's a job with a lot of perks, and I'm loving it!
- Continued the tradition of summer road races with my Daddio and family.
- Spent lots of weekends in the place I will always call home.
- Took another trip to Chicago with my biff, Ellen. It's really the best city and we have so much fun there. If you have some time, and you want to laugh...go ahead and watch this!
- Took on The Color Run with all 13 of us!
- Reminded so many times about why this girl is my best friend. This year, we accomplished a lot together and I'm pretty confident in the fact that I wouldn't have been able to do it without her! She gets me and I'm so happy she's my friend!
- Had a year of figuring out even more of who I am and who I want to be. I've lost some and gained some in all aspects of life and I've learned a lot more about where I'm going.
- 25th year of Okoboji trip with my entire extended family on my dads side. It was a bittersweet time for all of us being there for the first year without my grandpa. But it's my favorite place and holds so many memories for me.I love these people so much.
- Started the life of a student teacher. I spent the Fall semester in a 1st grade room at Adams Elementary here in Lincoln and I had the best group of kids!
- Had the most amazing opportunity when I won a giveaway for I Heart Faces to take a trip to Texas for a photography conference. I can safely say it was one of the best weekends I've ever had. I came away with amazing experiences, lots of new friends, great tips, and bucket list items crossed off (including meeting and hanging out with Kelle Hampton!). It was so much fun!
- Had a rough year in our family with the loss of some loved ones and some major health scares. But, we're making it through!
- Fell in love with Fall...just like I do every year.
- Had wonderful clients to build Be The Change Photography even more in 2012. I have big plans for 2013!
- Got family pictures taken for the first time since 2006 thanks to Sherman!
- Reminded all the time why those guys in that picture above are the
greatest, most loving people ever. My family supports me through all the
crazy things I do. And these guys...
...well we would be nowhere without them. They have helped me in every way possible and I know I could have never made it this far without their love and support. They are the greatest parents ever, and I could never thank them enough!
- Graduated college. I'm done with school! Bittersweet feeling, yet really great as well!
I'm not really a resolution kind of person. I'm a believer in the fact that if you want to be a better person in some way, then you can start any day of the year. But I do have some things I'm still working on and things that I want to try harder at in 2013. I feel like it's going to be a big year! :)
Thankful for every one of these people that have come and gone in my life. They've all played some part of 2012 for me. While I'm ready to start a new year and a new beginning with lots of changes and plenty of new things...it was a good/rough/wonderful/scary/exciting year and I'm happy to say 2012 is over!
Bring on 2013!