Of course this weekend was filled with plenty of things!
I got back from school Friday night with every intention of going out. But then I sat down. And there was no way I was getting back up to do anything. My body still feels exhausted in every way possible, and sitting was a good thing for me. Now I just need 17 more days of that and I'll be good.
This family...they have this power over me to make me bawl with every single episode. I'm not even talking about a few tears. I'm talking full out crying and I'm addicted. I can't stop. Tears are falling as I type this.
Started Saturday with a long morning run and then met up with my parents, my brother, and sister-in-law and then headed down to my friends house. We played Wisconsin and we have a lot of family there. So me and my bro talked with some of their fans and sent some pictures like this to all of our family. Thankfully we won, so they couldn't rub it in our faces.
We watched the game downtown and got some food and then I met up with some more people for the rest of the night.
Sunday I had brunch at my brothers and ran a few errands and then
crossed off a hundred more things on my to-do lists...yes that's
Finally got new running shoes that I've needed for a long time.
This week is going to be a long, interesting, tiring one. It's filled with planning, meetings, parent teacher conferences, and Dallas!
Also, the blog is getting some changes. If anyone is having trouble changing fonts and has figured it out, let me know. For some reason my blog changed to this one for tabs and post titles and I hate it! Help me out if you can!
1. I've edited my life away. There's going to be lots of cuteness coming on the blog in the next few days (hopefully). I've been looking at lots of cute animals...including these guys! And some adorable brown eyed boys that are almost done!
2. Fall is here. Boots are out and scarves are being worn. The trees are YELLOW! There's not many things better than that.
3. I got to watch my niece play volleyball this week and have dinner with my brother and sister. I'm glad I finally got to watch her before the season is over!
4. I Heart Faces is in ONE WEEK! I'll be on a plane at this time next week with my Mama and I'm pretty excited about it!
5. I've been so crazy busy this week that I can't even come up with another! Basically, it's just Friday. That's a good thing.
While reading through Abbey's blog tonight, I found this and thought it was really fun! Basically, it's a pay-it-forward type of dealy. The first three people that comment on this post
will receive a gift from me within a year, and they'll post it on their
blog and send something out to three people! Fun, right?
To receive your present you have to play along. Spread the love on your
own blog promising to send a little special something to the first
three people who comment on your post.
You get three days to re-post, or I’ll move on to the next person. Please only comment if you’re willing to pay it forward!
If you want a gift from me in the next year (maybe store-bought,
maybe made just for you) please comment with your e-mail address, blog
URL and three random facts about you so I can get to know you a little
All I wanted to do this weekend was sleep. Do you think I slept much? Nope, not at all. It ended up being even crazier than I was intending, and although it was a lot of fun, I am unbelievably exhausted. But the week is about to start, so I guess I'll hope for next weekend again!
Made the trip to Columbus Friday after school and stopped by the lake to fish with my Dad.
I got called in very last minute to shoot a wedding. The start of
their day didn't go exactly as planned and ended in me having a wedding
job that I wasn't even a little bit prepared for. But the wedding ended up being a lot of fun!
Started Saturday morning with a crisp Fall morning run (my favorite!)
and then soccer games for my nieces. We had some lunch and then I
started crossing off a hundred things off the to-do list.
My grandparents came over to watch the Husker game and we made dinner then ran over to see my niece head off to her first high school dance, Woah, that doesn't make me feel old at all!
Sunday was my Grandpa's Surprise 80th Birthday Party. He had no idea and lots of family and even some of his high school friends showed up.
Did a session for a repeat family that I love so much. These little guys
always melt my heart and they rocked it, just like last time! This is what the entire session was like, so be waiting for the rest!
Super late drive back to Lincoln that I was not too excited about.
These guys have been around my whole life. Kathy and my Mom have been friends for a long time and I think these guys were probably my first friends as a kid! We used to do everything together. I always remember going to the parade every year and sitting in "our" spot, bike riding to Dairy Queen, and lots of sleep overs. Now that we're all grown up and in different places, we never get to see each other anymore, but they're so much fun...as you can tell!
This week went much faster than the rest, but I'm so ready for this weekend!
1. I've been reading tons of books lately. I have this problem where I get attached to the characters and am actually upset when I finish. If you have any suggestions, send them my way. I noticed I sleep a lot better when I read before bed.
2. Netflix. For real, it's kind of saving my life right now.
3. A night run that I've been craving for awhile followed by a Red Mango trip with some girls.
4. A night out after Power Pump with these awesome ladies from class.
5. Fall blog swap is happening this weekend & I'm super excited to see what I get!
I get to go home this weekend! It feels like forever since I've been there and Fall is my favorite time to be in my hometown. It's filled with lots of nieces and nephews, dinner, photo shoots, and my Grandpa's Surprise 80th Birthday party!